Recent comments on posts in the blog:

IP address of resolver

Hallo!

How do you manage that dnscrypt-proxy is set up to operate on 127.0.2.1? On Debian 11 it is set to 127.0.0.1, and I yet have to find a way to change it.

Comment by theltalpha
then what?

I have followed the steps, and then in mutt I hit esc+b, enter a word, hit enter, then nothing happens. If mairix finds nothing I do get to see some output though.

If i run mairix in a terminal, the output just says "1 match" - how do you get it to show you the actual results?

Comment by muttuser
Same Problem, Yealink Desk Phone
I had a very similar problem, and when I called the "busy" phone from a Sipdroid client it said that the codecs were incompatible. The codecs were fine, but I [finally] noticed that I had been screwing with TLS and my Yealink desk phone had call encryption set to Compulsory. Switching it to optional allowed calls to flow again. Hopefully this may save someone else some head banging. :-)
Comment by Snork
QR CODE WiFi format

Wi-Fi Network config (Android, iOS 11+)

WIFI:T:WPA;S:mynetwork;P:mypass;;

Paramater Example Description
T WPA Authentication type; can be WEP or WPA or WPA2-EAP, or nopass for no password. Or, omit for no password.
S mynetwork Network SSID. Required. Enclose in double quotes if it is an ASCII name, but could be interpreted as hex (i.e. "ABCD")
P mypass Password, ignored if T is nopass (in which case it may be omitted). Enclose in double quotes if it is an ASCII name, but could be interpreted as hex (i.e. "ABCD")
H true Optional. True if the network SSID is hidden. Note this was mistakenly also used to specify phase 2 method in releases up to 4.7.8 / Barcode Scanner 3.4.0. If not a boolean, it will be interpreted as phase 2 method (see below) for backwards-compatibility
E TTLS (WPA2-EAP only) EAP method, like TTLS or PWD
A anon (WPA2-EAP only) Anonymous identity
I myidentity (WPA2-EAP only) Identity
PH2 MSCHAPV2 (WPA2-EAP only) Phase 2 method, like MSCHAPV2

Order of fields does not matter. Special characters \, ;, ,, " and : should be escaped with a backslash (). For example, if an SSID was literally "foo;bar\baz" (with double quotes part of the SSID name itself) then it would be encoded like: WIFI:S:\"foo\;bar\baz\";;

Comment by Mike
nice find!
I had the same issue with Mint. This solution worked for me as well. Kudos to you.
Comment by stanash
safe browsing provider
Is there any other provider (other than Google )?
Comment by Anonymous
useful

Hello, Thank you for this post which was very useful to me. I prefer this method which doesn't use pip to install dns challenge gandi plugin, just apt. I also learned in the certbot documentation that you could combine a specific challenge with a specific automatic installation. For example if we have an Nginx server configured in http:

sudo certbot --authenticator dns --installer nginx --dns-credentials /etc/letsencrypt/gandi.ini --dns-propagation-seconds 30 -d your.domain.tld

allows you to obtain a certificate and automatically configure the server in https.

Comment by Pierre D
comment 1

Thanks for the great information.

I've been a Crashplan customer for years for my Windows laptop.

I'm just transitioning to POP OS on the start of my journey away from Big Tech and setting up a backup service was a priority.

Your article suggests that I should be able to continue using Crashplan after all

Comment by Anonymous
'ext4' with 'flex_gb' feature enabled
e2fsck -f /dev/sda1
tune2fs -I 256 /dev/sda1

That'll work just fine on ext2 and ext3 but fails on ext4 filesystem with the flex_bg feature enabled:

# tune2fs -I 256 /dev/sda1
Changing the inode size not supported for filesystems with the flex_bg
feature enabled.

Also, that flag cannot be cleared:

# tune2fs -O ^flex_bg /dev/sda1
Clearing the flex_bg flag would cause the the filesystem to be
inconsistent.

So, unless I'm missing something, there's no two ways about it and, as per the post, copy->mkfs->copy is the only way to fix it.

BTW, the same issue will affect XFS and, potentially, other filesystems.

Comment by rjc