Recent comments on posts in the blog:

Re: IPv6

Do you use IPv6? How do you update the IPv6 ?

Unfortunately, No-IP still doesn't support IPv6 in their Dynamic DNS service. My setup is IPv4-only.

I'd be happy to consider other services that support IPv6 if they also support custom domains and are supported by a client that's included in Debian. If you know of one, please leave a comment.

Comment by francois
IPv6

Hi, Do you use IPv6? How do you update the IPv6 ? Best, S.V.

Comment by S.V.
faster dd

Use option 'bs=4M' for faster write to the usb key (otherwise it will take several minutes):
$ dd bs=4M if=bios.img of=/dev/sdX

Comment by BigFan
conditions for letsencrypt certs

Hello,

according to my experience having a redirect for /.well-known/acme-challenge works fine. So an unconditional redirect from http://libravatar.org/(.*) to http://www.libravatar.org/$1 should do the trick a bit easier.

Best regards Uwe

Comment by Uwe Kleine-König
lxc-net configuration

Hi,

about network configuration on LXC in debian stretch, it is possible to easy the setup through the lxc-net script (it's shipped with-in the lxc package itself). This way you only need:

• to fill parameters in /etc/default/lxc-net
  • add bridge configuration for lxcbr0 in /etc/network/interfaces

All of other steps pointed out in your "Network setup" are done by lxc-net itself.

The only downside of the script is that it would be nice to use, instead of a script, an horde of systemd units (if using systemd). I tried to fill a request for it [1] but it's still a work in progress.

[1] https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/2083

Comment by risca
NTP synchro

Hello,

I'm interested cause my NTP synchronized is always :no I done exactly the same commands on the blog and no change appears.

Thank you for advice.

Comment by Patrick
How long after enabling NTP should it show sync?

systemd-timesyncd seems to have some nice features - it touches /var/lib/systemd/clock (or perhaps /var/lib/systemd/timesync/clock on Debian) after each successful sync, so it will at least move forward after reboot even before the network is up.

On the other hand there are situations where I would like a whole set of services to have a hard dependency on a successful time synchronisation before they will even try and start up, and this does not seem to be well-supported by systemd (see https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5097 for more detail).

You say you had to timedatectl set-ntp true after you got timesyncd running, but that's not working for me and I'm curious about how long I should spend watching it before I see a "Yes" in the NTP sync status, and I wonder what I might be missing if I'm not seeing this even though timesyncd appears to be running without errors.

Comment by Andrew McMillan
tumesyncd logging

In Jessie, systemd-timesyncd put out some logging information to syslog, everytime that it pinged the time server that gave you a time stamp, time correction and frequency correction information. With Stretch, these log reports have been suppressed. Does anyone know how to get them back? I can't find anything in the documentation. Thanks, --- Graham

==

Comment by Graham
LUKS key

Good post and good comments. I was wondering about the passphrase LUKS requires to decrypt.

Where should I setup it up to decrypt files upon user login?

Thanks!