Recent comments on posts in the blog:

QR CODE WiFi format

Wi-Fi Network config (Android, iOS 11+)

WIFI:T:WPA;S:mynetwork;P:mypass;;

Paramater Example Description
T WPA Authentication type; can be WEP or WPA or WPA2-EAP, or nopass for no password. Or, omit for no password.
S mynetwork Network SSID. Required. Enclose in double quotes if it is an ASCII name, but could be interpreted as hex (i.e. "ABCD")
P mypass Password, ignored if T is nopass (in which case it may be omitted). Enclose in double quotes if it is an ASCII name, but could be interpreted as hex (i.e. "ABCD")
H true Optional. True if the network SSID is hidden. Note this was mistakenly also used to specify phase 2 method in releases up to 4.7.8 / Barcode Scanner 3.4.0. If not a boolean, it will be interpreted as phase 2 method (see below) for backwards-compatibility
E TTLS (WPA2-EAP only) EAP method, like TTLS or PWD
A anon (WPA2-EAP only) Anonymous identity
I myidentity (WPA2-EAP only) Identity
PH2 MSCHAPV2 (WPA2-EAP only) Phase 2 method, like MSCHAPV2

Order of fields does not matter. Special characters \, ;, ,, " and : should be escaped with a backslash (). For example, if an SSID was literally "foo;bar\baz" (with double quotes part of the SSID name itself) then it would be encoded like: WIFI:S:\"foo\;bar\baz\";;

Comment by Mike
nice find!
I had the same issue with Mint. This solution worked for me as well. Kudos to you.
Comment by stanash
safe browsing provider
Is there any other provider (other than Google )?
Comment by Anonymous
useful

Hello, Thank you for this post which was very useful to me. I prefer this method which doesn't use pip to install dns challenge gandi plugin, just apt. I also learned in the certbot documentation that you could combine a specific challenge with a specific automatic installation. For example if we have an Nginx server configured in http:

sudo certbot --authenticator dns --installer nginx --dns-credentials /etc/letsencrypt/gandi.ini --dns-propagation-seconds 30 -d your.domain.tld

allows you to obtain a certificate and automatically configure the server in https.

Comment by Pierre D
comment 1

Thanks for the great information.

I've been a Crashplan customer for years for my Windows laptop.

I'm just transitioning to POP OS on the start of my journey away from Big Tech and setting up a backup service was a priority.

Your article suggests that I should be able to continue using Crashplan after all

Comment by Anonymous
'ext4' with 'flex_gb' feature enabled
e2fsck -f /dev/sda1
tune2fs -I 256 /dev/sda1

That'll work just fine on ext2 and ext3 but fails on ext4 filesystem with the flex_bg feature enabled:

# tune2fs -I 256 /dev/sda1
Changing the inode size not supported for filesystems with the flex_bg
feature enabled.

Also, that flag cannot be cleared:

# tune2fs -O ^flex_bg /dev/sda1
Clearing the flex_bg flag would cause the the filesystem to be
inconsistent.

So, unless I'm missing something, there's no two ways about it and, as per the post, copy->mkfs->copy is the only way to fix it.

BTW, the same issue will affect XFS and, potentially, other filesystems.

Comment by rjc
WiFi QR Code
Hi, is it possible to include proxy configuration in QR Code?
Comment by Hubert
WARNING - older Omnia was shipped with different duplexers

Thank you for this post. It confirmed me my suspicion and I have found it while making sure how pigtails should be connected.

I was recently upgrading old Omnia to NAS box. Since then I had issues with 2.4 GHz WiFi. Of course, issue was in switched pigtails on one of the antennas. Layout of WiFi cards in slots was the same as on your photo, however, my Omnia has different duplexers. On your photo, 5GHz is connected to the left port, while mine has 5GHz on the right port.

If someone finds this page, make sure you check what duplexers you have in your unit and don't blindly trust photo of other unit, as some components may differ.

Comment by Jan Cejka