Recent comments on posts in the blog:

Saved my life
Very helpful, thanks a lot for that post! As a quick note, this also works for the Virtualbox related installation. Ony difference would be to mount the LiveCD in the Settings > Storage > Controller: IDE and start the VM. The other steps work as a charm!
Comment by Marcin
This really woks with minor change

First I recovered the /etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab from the backup with backup-tool because I had tried something and messed up these files.

Then I followed these instructions but I left the command 'vgchange -ay' out. Reason for that was because after that I couldn't mount my partitions to anything. Without it mounting was done nicely and the rest of the steps could be done.

It had the consequence that in the end I couldn't unmount and close the partition but that wasn't in this instruction and so I paid no attention to that.

I encountered the problem when updating the initramfs (I was missing some firmware library and it gave some warnings). Solution to that was found here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/832524/possible-missing-frmware-lib-firmware-i915/832528 and the updating of initramfs were done without warnings.

In the end I prayed a little and rebooted and everything was fine after these changes and now I can log in to my ubuntu again.

Thanks for clear instructions!

Comment by linux-girl
Same issue with SSH

Hi, Just stumbled onto this post. I have the same issue with SSH, on a GnuBee PC1. I believe openssh is running (according to OpenMediaVault GUI), but it rejects all connections attempts. Please keep updating this post if you find a solution.

Comment by Antoine
Re: programming Anytone 878

In the instruction you say turn on the radio. How do you do that if it is locked and can be only unlocked by programing?

The radio being factory-locked shouldn't prevent you from turning it on using the right knob. If you're talking about the keypad being locked, then yes that's one of the things that can be unlocked using the CPS.

Comment by francois
Works for me

With Neil Browns new kernel (5.2.8 - see http://neil.brown.name/gnubee/), installed (see README) upgrading to Debian Buster worked perfectly for me. SSH access works out of the box without problems.

Comment by Hein Osenberg
Works for me
Comment by Hein Osenberg
Your title said RAID1...

I totally agree that a RAID1 would kill the speed of SSD. But then, your post title says RAID1... :-)

Now, I wanted to mention that if you know the name of your device, you can check whether it's a rotational (HDD) or not (SSD). Here is an example of how you get the flag:

alexis~$ cat /sys/block/sda/queue/rotational

The file is either a 0 (SSD) or a 1 (HDD). What you need is the "sda" part of the path. In a shell script, it can be difficult to grab that info. Although a function such as "df ." give you the info, it's not that practical.

Anyway, your solution is pretty much what I had in mind. Thank you.

Comment by Alexis Wilke
Finally, USB works!
Thanks for writing this down! I've tried a Virtualbox VM several times for programming radios but could never get USB devices to be visible inside the VM. Turns out, I was missing the vboxusers group. This should open up a lot of possibilities!
Comment by Chris Keller, K0SWE
Topicons plus
The instruction works, but one important thing is missing. On Ubuntu with Gnome (Both 18.04 and 19.04) you will need the gnome extention TopIcons Plus installed in order to launch VidyoDesktop, otherwise the application will fail to start (at least for me).
Comment by Frans Schreuder