Recent comments on posts in the blog:

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS update

Hi,

Thanks for the article! I followed it and it was my primary reference. However, I did encounter two issues while following it that I thought I should leave with you here. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.3 and fdisk does not have 'fd' to convert a Linux partition to a Linux RAID partition. It is now '29' for a Linux RAID partition. Also, after adding the original disk to the RAID array and rebooting I found myself in grub rescue mode. After researching more I discovered that I was required to install a module 'mdraid1x' in order for grub to be able to read the RAID array and find the kernel in order to boot. Therefore, I had to boot a Live USB Ubuntu system to access the RAID array before chroot and grub-install --modules='mdraid1x' /dev/sda (to both drives). And finally, when I test each drive separately to see if it will boot (it does).

Anyway, thanks for the article.

Comment by Dennis Chang
@Martin
If you're using a phone without a camera then there's no point in using a QR code anyway, is it?
Comment by RobIII
63 characters?
Neither my current mobile device (GPD Pocket running Debian bullseye), nor my future one, the Pyra (there is still some hope), feature a camera. With a password of 63 characters, I hope to type everything correctly! :-)
Comment by Martin
Script it
SSID=SSID_GOES_HERE
pwgen -s 63 > 00wifi.txt
qrencode -o 00wifi.png "WIFI:T:WPA;S:${SSID};P:$(cat 00wifi.txt);;"
Comment by Anonymous
Saved my life
Very helpful, thanks a lot for that post! As a quick note, this also works for the Virtualbox related installation. Ony difference would be to mount the LiveCD in the Settings > Storage > Controller: IDE and start the VM. The other steps work as a charm!
Comment by Marcin
This really woks with minor change

First I recovered the /etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab from the backup with backup-tool because I had tried something and messed up these files.

Then I followed these instructions but I left the command 'vgchange -ay' out. Reason for that was because after that I couldn't mount my partitions to anything. Without it mounting was done nicely and the rest of the steps could be done.

It had the consequence that in the end I couldn't unmount and close the partition but that wasn't in this instruction and so I paid no attention to that.

I encountered the problem when updating the initramfs (I was missing some firmware library and it gave some warnings). Solution to that was found here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/832524/possible-missing-frmware-lib-firmware-i915/832528 and the updating of initramfs were done without warnings.

In the end I prayed a little and rebooted and everything was fine after these changes and now I can log in to my ubuntu again.

Thanks for clear instructions!

Comment by linux-girl
Same issue with SSH

Hi, Just stumbled onto this post. I have the same issue with SSH, on a GnuBee PC1. I believe openssh is running (according to OpenMediaVault GUI), but it rejects all connections attempts. Please keep updating this post if you find a solution.

Comment by Antoine
Re: programming Anytone 878

In the instruction you say turn on the radio. How do you do that if it is locked and can be only unlocked by programing?

The radio being factory-locked shouldn't prevent you from turning it on using the right knob. If you're talking about the keypad being locked, then yes that's one of the things that can be unlocked using the CPS.

Comment by francois
Works for me

With Neil Browns new kernel (5.2.8 - see http://neil.brown.name/gnubee/), installed (see README) upgrading to Debian Buster worked perfectly for me. SSH access works out of the box without problems.

Comment by Hein Osenberg